After a long hiatus of more than 800 days since version 0.8.1 and celebrating project’s 5th anniversary, we’re proud to announce the latest Octopi release: 0.9.0.
Noteworthy changes are:
- Pacman 5.1 support;
- Options dialog, so we can configure some Octopi settings;
- Terminal tab with embeded terminal (if you happen to compile with QTermWidget support);
- Trizen AUR tool support;
- Support for ALPM utils lib, so now we’re able to show “Download size” info in the package list (thanks to Guillaume Benoit, Pamac’s author);
- Slovenian and Hindi translations;
- Stop button beside progress bar, so we can stop transactions while in download phase;
- Counter for processed packages;
- Ability to disable “instant search” (a feature that filters the list of package as you type);
- And many bugfixes as seen in CHANGELOG
We’d like to thank all of you who tested, compiled, packaged, translated, submitted bug reports, pull requests and suggestions. Octopi would be nowhere whithout your help. You know who you are. Thank you very much!
If you haven’t tested Octopi yet, please give it a chance. If you like it, consider helping the project. Enjoy!
A system upgrade in action. Look at the counter before every package being downloaded. And there’s a stop button beside the progress bar
System upgrade concluded! You can see the “Download size” column at the very right
Instant search disabled. Now you have to press Enter to see the results. Look also that AUR package names are now clickable so you can visit its aur.archlinux.org site
New Options dialog showing AUR settings
Trizen AUR tool executing in the embeded terminal
New Group view spans all window’s height
We are very proud to bring you the newest version of your preferred pacman frontend: 0.8.1!
In addition to a bunch of bugfixes, this version also comes with:
- Simplified Chinese (zh_CN) translation;
- lxqt-sudo tool support (thanks to Manjaro team);
- More shortcuts, making octopi easier on keyboard interaction;
- A brand new ouput dialog for notifier, so users can do a system upgrade without a terminal.
Output dialog in notifier. View all system upgrade actions in real time.
Octopi running in KaOS with a dark plasma 5 theme.
Enjoy, spread the word and consider helping this project:
After more than six months after latest Octopi release and to celebrate the 1000th commit, it’s time for a new one.
The reason for such a delay was a book I was finishing/revising. A book about Qt5 development (and, curiously, about Octopi itself). Currently it’s only available in portuguese. You can help this project buying it as an eBook at Amazon.
But what about 0.8 new features? Here are the most important ones:
- This is the first version that requires Qt5;
- Speed optimizations in startup code (AUR outdated list).
- Now tab Files shows a progressbar while building the list of files;
- When outdated packages are printed at Output tab, you can see their information just hovering the mouse over them;
- Added Parabola GNU/Linux-libre support (thanks to coadde);
- Added galician translation (thanks to Ismael Ordóñez);
- At Info tab, packages in “depends On” field are shown as clickable anchors;
- Information tab now supports “ctrl+F” searching;
- Help/About dialog now shows Pacman information;
- Added support to “kcp –information” at Info tab (KaOS only)
In Octopi 0.8 you can see the description of packages shown at the “Depends On” section of Info tab.
In Octopi 0.8, you can see the package description while in outdated pkg list.
Go get it HERE.
The newest version of your beloved pacman front-end has just arrived! Some of the highlights are:
- Major speed fix, which means faster package list building and faster package filtering;
- Re enabled Pacaur support;
- Setup dialog added to notifier! It’s now possible to “set interval” for package checking;
- New AUR/KCP tool button located at toolbar! That means there’s no more fake “Yaourt”, “Pacaur” or “Kcp” package groups;
- New tool added: “SysInfo”! Now users can gist their system info to the internet (“gist” package is needed);
- Package list column sizes are now saved;
- No more horizontal scroll bar in AUR/KCP mode;
Set “sync interval” option in Octopi-notifier.
New tool available: SysInfo! Now you can gist your system information if you have “gist” installed.
AUR/KCP tool button now located at toolbar.
Get it HERE and enjoy!
After two years since its inception, Octopi has reached version 0.6.0. Highlights of this 25th release include:
- Thanks to Michaël Lhomme, it brings a new tool called cachecleaner, a frontend to paccache;
- Honor plural forms in translations;
- Repoeditor got its own translations;
- More safety checks in notifier startup;
- Octopi now starts only showing installed packages for better performance;
- KaOS only: support for newer kcp tool (faster);
Octopi and Cachecleaner.
Go grab it HERE.
Thanks to KaOS, Manjaro, Chakra and Arch community support, this new Octopi version comes with some important enhancements:
- BugFix: mate-terminal was not working 100% – thanks to ringo32;
- BugFix: Merged offa’s pull request that fixed a bunch of things;
- Download and Installed Package size is now shown in MiB when sizes are greater than 1024 KiB;
- Added Qt version info in About dialogs;
- Showing or hiding group panel is now persisted;
- Added support for Ctrl+F in Output tab;
- Added dialog for user to choose his preferred terminal emulator in a QML dialog (accessible thru “Ctrl+Shift+T” if compiled with Qt > 5.3). There is also a new “Terminal” option in “~/.config/octopi/octopi.conf” which controls that;
- Notifier now syncs database only once a day. There is even a new “SyncDbHour” option in “~/.config/octopi/octopi.conf” to which can be assigned a specific time value (ex: “23”, to sync every day at 23h);
- Added “sync database” menu option to Notifier, so users can check for changes whenever they want;
- Added support for KStatusNotifier in Notifier, while in KDE and compiled with Qt5 and “DEFINES += KSTATUS” – thanks to brcha;
- BugFix: Now RepoEditor keeps SigLevel sections untouched;
Selecting a terminal using “Ctrl+Shift+T”
Download size now in MiB.
Friends, a new Octopi version is drawing nearer and as here we take translations seriously, we need your help to finish them.
Many of them are 9X % done, others not that much, but all are only waiting for your visit to check 🙂 Thank you!
I do not like asking for contributions, but this one is very important! Our oceans are very “ill”. There are immense amount of plastic residues as the result of our reckless way of living in this planet.
But there’s hope with this campaign which is trying to clean this mess through a very simple and relatively cheap solution.
So please, I BEG you! There’s only 5 days to go for this campaign to shut down. Make a little donation and spread the word!
Octopi, Calamares and all other sea creatures will THANK you forever!
Following the previous release, this one adds an important bugfix in AUR/KCP search mode, among other fixes. Go grab it HERE.
KCP search in Octopi (running under KaOS).