The newest version of your beloved pacman front-end has just arrived! Some of the highlights are:
- Major speed fix, which means faster package list building and faster package filtering;
- Re enabled Pacaur support;
- Setup dialog added to notifier! It’s now possible to “set interval” for package checking;
- New AUR/KCP tool button located at toolbar! That means there’s no more fake “Yaourt”, “Pacaur” or “Kcp” package groups;
- New tool added: “SysInfo”! Now users can gist their system info to the internet (“gist” package is needed);
- Package list column sizes are now saved;
- No more horizontal scroll bar in AUR/KCP mode;
Set “sync interval” option in Octopi-notifier.
New tool available: SysInfo! Now you can gist your system information if you have “gist” installed.
AUR/KCP tool button now located at toolbar.
Get it HERE and enjoy!
After two years since its inception, Octopi has reached version 0.6.0. Highlights of this 25th release include:
- Thanks to Michaël Lhomme, it brings a new tool called cachecleaner, a frontend to paccache;
- Honor plural forms in translations;
- Repoeditor got its own translations;
- More safety checks in notifier startup;
- Octopi now starts only showing installed packages for better performance;
- KaOS only: support for newer kcp tool (faster);
Octopi and Cachecleaner.
Go grab it HERE.
Thanks to KaOS, Manjaro, Chakra and Arch community support, this new Octopi version comes with some important enhancements:
- BugFix: mate-terminal was not working 100% – thanks to ringo32;
- BugFix: Merged offa’s pull request that fixed a bunch of things;
- Download and Installed Package size is now shown in MiB when sizes are greater than 1024 KiB;
- Added Qt version info in About dialogs;
- Showing or hiding group panel is now persisted;
- Added support for Ctrl+F in Output tab;
- Added dialog for user to choose his preferred terminal emulator in a QML dialog (accessible thru “Ctrl+Shift+T” if compiled with Qt > 5.3). There is also a new “Terminal” option in “~/.config/octopi/octopi.conf” which controls that;
- Notifier now syncs database only once a day. There is even a new “SyncDbHour” option in “~/.config/octopi/octopi.conf” to which can be assigned a specific time value (ex: “23”, to sync every day at 23h);
- Added “sync database” menu option to Notifier, so users can check for changes whenever they want;
- Added support for KStatusNotifier in Notifier, while in KDE and compiled with Qt5 and “DEFINES += KSTATUS” – thanks to brcha;
- BugFix: Now RepoEditor keeps SigLevel sections untouched;
Selecting a terminal using “Ctrl+Shift+T”
Download size now in MiB.
Friends, a new Octopi version is drawing nearer and as here we take translations seriously, we need your help to finish them.
Many of them are 9X % done, others not that much, but all are only waiting for your visit to check :-) Thank you!
I do not like asking for contributions, but this one is very important! Our oceans are very “ill”. There are immense amount of plastic residues as the result of our reckless way of living in this planet.
But there’s hope with this campaign which is trying to clean this mess through a very simple and relatively cheap solution.
So please, I BEG you! There’s only 5 days to go for this campaign to shut down. Make a little donation and spread the word!
Octopi, Calamares and all other sea creatures will THANK you forever!
Following the previous release, this one adds an important bugfix in AUR/KCP search mode, among other fixes. Go grab it HERE.
KCP search in Octopi (running under KaOS).
I’m pleased to bring you the latest version of our favorite Qt based pacman frontend.
0.4.1 comes with:
- A bunch of obligatory bug fixes
- Argentinian, Basque and Japanese translations
- Installed size info in tooltips
- Search by file option (with pacman -Qo)
- Installed packages are counted based on View filters
- A string validator is used in search widgets to prevent anomalous character entering
You can also watch these videos I recorded with the precious help of Anke Boersma (KaOS author) which explain the use of all Octopi options in detail.