After more than six months after latest Octopi release and to celebrate the 1000th commit, it’s time for a new one.
The reason for such a delay was a book I was finishing/revising. A book about Qt5 development (and, curiously, about Octopi itself). Currently it’s only available in portuguese. You can help this project buying it as an eBook at Amazon.
But what about 0.8 new features? Here are the most important ones:
- This is the first version that requires Qt5;
- Speed optimizations in startup code (AUR outdated list).
- Now tab Files shows a progressbar while building the list of files;
- When outdated packages are printed at Output tab, you can see their information just hovering the mouse over them;
- Added Parabola GNU/Linux-libre support (thanks to coadde);
- Added galician translation (thanks to Ismael Ordóñez);
- At Info tab, packages in “depends On” field are shown as clickable anchors;
- Information tab now supports “ctrl+F” searching;
- Help/About dialog now shows Pacman information;
- Added support to “kcp –information” at Info tab (KaOS only)
Go get it HERE.