Octopi is a powerful tool to manage (Arch | ArchBang | Chakra | KaOS | Manjaro) Linux packages. It has a simple interface which consists of just 2 panels:
- A list of all available packages;
- A tab widget showing 6 useful tabs: information, files, transaction, output, news and a quick help guide.
Some of the features:
- LOW in resource consumption (including memory);
- Supports Cinnamon, KDE 3.x, KDE 4.x, LXDE, MATE, Trinity and XFCE Desktop Environments;
- Pacman sync database;
- Pacman system upgrade;
- Pacman clean cache;
- Install/Re install/Upgrade/Remove selected packages – watching the output of these commands on demand – in a trasaction based abstraction;
- View the contents of installed packages (including opening and editing its files);
- View the description of packages in tooltips, just moving the mouse over them.
Licensed under GPL2, written in Qt C++ and compatible with any ArchLinux based distro that uses Pacman for package management.